Are you looking for ways to spend your time and skills to help others and to support our community together while broadening your social circle, preparing for your career, or achieving personal fulfillment? We would love to work with you, not only to receive your help, but also to help you have valuable and rewarding experience. There are many positions and occasions you can get involved in:
A: Nikkei Home Volunteer Opportunities
Monday to Saturday 9:45 a.m. ～ 4:00 p.m.
- Monday pm – Walking and Hockey game
- Tuesday am – Tea & Chat (Japanese)
- Tuesday pm – Bingo
- Wednesday pm – Scrabble (English), Card game
- Thursday am – Exercise
- Thursday pm – Art Table (Art Therapist or someone who are interested in.)
- Friday am – Exercise, Tea & Chat (English)
- Friday pm – Flower Arrangement, Sing-a-long (English)
- Saturday am – 1 on 1 Visit (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, English etc.)
- Enjoy fun exercises & recreational activities with the residents
- Provide companionship through regular visiting with a resident
- Use your driving skill to boost seniors’ mobility
- Be a receptionist at Nikkei Home: English & Japanese Speaker
- Get involved in a variety of events, annual or special, throughout our organizations
- Help in social activity programs at Nikkei Home, an assisted living facility.
B: Outreach Program Volunteer Opportunities
- Provide support in Iki Iki Programs for seniors who prefer slower-paced activities as well as those who are living with dementia.
News!! The process of BC Criminal Record Check is now faster and easier. (FREE)
For any inquiry, please contact our Concierge, Noriko Muraoka, by phone at 604.777.7000 ext.108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.