Fun to Volunteer!
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
Are you looking for ways to spend your time and skills to help others and to support our community together while broadening your social circle, preparing for your career, or achieving personal fulfillment? We would love to work with you, not only to receive your help, but also to help you have valuable and rewarding experience. There are many positions and occasions you can get involved in:
A: Nikkei Home Volunteer Opportunities
Monday to Saturday 9:45 a.m. ～ 4:00 p.m.
- Mon am – Boxing to Beat Parkinson’s
- Tue am – Boxing, Tea & Chat (Japanese)
- Tue pm – Bingo, BE-Fit Excercise
- Wed pm – Scrabble (English), Card game
- Thu am – Exercise
- Fri am – Exercise, Tea & Chat (English)
- Fri pm – Flower Arrangement, Sing-a-long (English)
- Sat am – 1 on 1 Visit (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, English etc.)
“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” — Helen Keller
- Enjoy fun exercises & recreational activities with the residents
- Provide companionship through regular visiting with a resident
- Use your driving skill to boost seniors’ mobility
- Be a receptionist at Nikkei Home: English & Japanese Speaker
- Get involved in a variety of events, annual or special, throughout our organizations
- Help in social activity programs at Nikkei Home, an assisted living facility
- Teach how to cook, make crafts, exercise
- Create social media and promotional materials
- Enjoy being a copywriter to promote Nikkei Seniors
“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Audrey Hepburn
B: Outreach Program Volunteer Opportunities
- Mon 9:30am-4pm (in English)
- Tue 10am-2pm
- Wed 9:30am-2:30pm
- Fri 9:30am-4:30pm
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Provide support in Iki Iki/Lively Lively Programs for seniors who prefer slower-paced activities as well as those who are living with dementia.
- Be a helper in the Outfight Parkinson (Boxing) and BEFit (Brain Exercise Fitness) classes
News!! The process of BC Criminal Record Check is now faster and easier. (FREE)
For any inquiry, please contact us by phone at 604.777.5000 ext. 2002 or by email at email@example.com
Want to Volunteer?